To promote the sustainable international movement of goods
through a world-class logistics system building the Nationís economy.
Nation’sPort is an advocacy group representing a wide array of commercial interests serving the Port of New York and New Jersey. The port is the collective lifeline of the region providing goods as well as employment to as many as a quarter of a million persons. Its continued good health is vital to maintaining the Region’s economic strength. Ensuring that it functions well and can meet the demands placed on it is the task that Nation’sPort has set for itself, through studies, advocacy and consensus building among its members reflecting the complex and dynamic nature of the port-related logistics industry of the region.
Toward this end, we seek to:
• Maintain and expand the regional economy
• Maximize the value of infrastructure investments
• Enhance the Region’s environmental quality
• Foster an improved quality of life for all residents of the New Jersey/New York region.
• We are a forum for stakeholders to identify and resolve current deficiencies, and quantify future asset and service requirements
• We act as a catalyst and coordinator in mobilizing private and public resources to improve the system, provide for future.
We assist in the marketing of the transportation system to end-users and promote the need for and value of this system to relevant parties